If you are going on a vacation to Hawaii in the near future, you might want to think about going on one of the many types of guided tours that are offered on the different individual islands. Whether you want to tour Pearl Harbor, you are interested in USS Arizona tours, a USS Missouri tour, or you just want to look for small group tours, there are many Oahu tours companies that can help you find exactly what you are looking for. Here are a couple of things that you are going to want to know before you make your travel plans.
1. Even though they are not by any mean native to Virginia, did you know that George Washington grew pineapples in his Mount Vernon hothouse?
2. One of the more interesting historical places that you can visit during a vacation in Hawaii is the U.S.S Arizona. The memorial structure of the U.S.S. Arizona is 184 feet long and spans the middle portion of the sunken battleship. This consists of three main sections, the entry room, the assembly room, a central area designed for ceremonies and general observation, and the shrine room. This area is where the names of those killed on the Arizona are engraved on a marble wall.
3. Though not all of those who lost their lives during Pearl Harbor lost their lives there, the U.S.S Arizona Memorial has come to commemorate all military personnel killed in the attack.
4. The bond between U.S.S Arizona shipmates went beyond being comrades. According to records, there were 37 sets of brothers assigned to the ship on December 7, 1941.
5. Oahu is the third largest island in Hawaii and it might be one of the most interesting for tourists to explore on different types of guided tours while on vacation. More.