Did you know that, according to market research and The Wedding Report, the wedding industry is worth $53.4 billion? Weddings often entail a huge financial and emotional investment. Even so, many brides and grooms make planning mistakes that end up being very costly. What simple tips can help you avoid extra expenses?
Start With the Guest List, and Keep it Conservative
The guest list can have a lot of bearing on wedding planning decisions. Some venues accommodate a limited number of guests only. Others may require up to two years notice to book a wedding ceremony or reception. Couples can adequately plan ahead and save money by keeping the following in mind:
- Less popular dates will be less expensive. Brides and grooms can cut costs by booking a Sunday or weeknight wedding. Venues typically offer lower rates on off days in order to book rooms and space to full capacity.
- Adding to the guest list costs a lot of money. Tacking on names to the guests lists can get very costly. Draft a guest list, and stick to it. Why? Adding more guests does not just mean a few extra meals. Remember that adding guests means purchasing or renting more favors, more centerpieces, tables and chairs, and more.
- Know blackout dates. Couples should choose wedding dates and locations very carefully. Make sure that you wedding is not on the same day as charity runs, conferences, and other important local events.
Be Smart About Decorations, Flowers, and Centerpieces
The average wedding dress alone costs $1,211. Choosing decorations and embellishments wisely can dramatically cut spending. Consider these tips for elegant and inexpensive decorations on your big day:
- Plan outdoor weddings accordingly. Outdoor weddings should always accommodate for poor weather conditions. Wedding tent rentals will save you a lot of headaches in the event of rain, or even snow and ice. Wedding tent rentals can be as simple or elaborate as you like.
- Set realistic expectations. Guests are hardly likely to leave tables and seating areas spotless. Low-cost table linen rentals for weddings, including table cloths, runners, napkins, and chair covers and sashes, eliminate the worry of leaving a mess.
Sticking to a budget while planning your wedding can be especially challenging. Avoid extra costs by booking a venue in advance, drafting a conservative guest lists, and appropriately planning for outdoor weddings and reception meals. More information like this.