Your bathroom is one of the most important rooms in your home. It’s a place where you can relax and rejuvenate after a long day. But if your bathroom is outdated or just plain boring, it can be tough to relax in there. We’ve got you covered if you’re ready to give your bathroom an upgrade. Here’s how to upgrade your bathroom on a budget.
1. Give Your Walls a Fresh Coat of Paint
A fresh coat of paint is one of the quickest and easiest ways to change the look of your bathroom completely. If your walls are looking dingy or outdated, a new coat of paint can make a world of difference. Just be sure to choose a color that you’ll love for years to come.
If you’re feeling bold, you can opt for a bright and cheery color to really make a statement. Or, if you prefer something more calming, you can choose a soothing neutral. No matter what your style, there’s a paint color out there that’s perfect for you.
If you’re not sure how to select the perfect shade, an online room paint visualizer can help. You can see how different colors will look in your space with a few clicks before picking up a paintbrush.
If you’re ready to give your bathroom an upgrade, painting is a great place to start. Just be sure to choose a color that you’ll love for years to come. An online room paint visualizer can help you select the perfect shade. With a few clicks, you can see how different colors will look in your space.
Not only will painting give your bathroom an instant facelift, but it’s also one of the most affordable ways to upgrade your space. So if you’re looking for how to upgrade your bathroom on a budget, this is a great option for you to try.
2. Update Your Fixtures
When looking at how to upgrade your bathroom on a budget, fixtures can be a great place to start. If your faucets, light fixtures, or towel racks look dated, it’s time to update. There are plenty of modern and stylish options available that will help give your bathroom a fresh new look.
You can also save money by updating your fixtures yourself. If you’re handy, it’s not too difficult to replace a light fixture or faucet. And there are plenty of online tutorials that can walk you through the process step-by-step.
3. Tile and Grout Cleaning
If your bathroom tile is looking dingy or stained, it’s time for a good cleaning. You’d be surprised how much of a difference clean tile and grout can make in the look of your bathroom.
There are plenty of products on the market that can help you get your tile and grout looking new again. But it is easier to hire professional tile and grout cleaners to do the job for you. They have the experience and expertise and can get the job done in a fraction of the time it would take you to do it yourself.
4. Install New Flooring
If your bathroom floor is looking worn out, installing new flooring can be a great way to give your space a fresh look. There are plenty of options available to help you achieve the look you’re going for. Here is a look at a few of the most popular ones and their advantages.
- Linoleum: Linoleum is a popular option for bathroom floors because it’s water-resistant and easy to clean. It’s also relatively inexpensive, so it’s a great option if you’re on a budget. It is made of natural materials like cork, linseed oil, resins, and wood flour.
- Tile: Tile is another popular option for bathroom floors because it’s water-resistant and easy to clean. It comes in various colors and styles, so you can easily find an option that fits your personal style. Tile is also a good choice if you’re looking for a durable option that will last for years.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is a great choice for bathrooms because it’s water-resistant and easy to install. It’s also relatively inexpensive, making it a great option for budget-conscious homeowners.
- Laminate: Laminate is a popular choice for bathrooms because it’s durable and easy to clean. It’s also available in a wide range of colors and styles, so you can find an option that fits your personal style.
- Natural Stone: Natural stone is a luxurious option for bathroom floors. It’s beautiful and durable, but it can be expensive.
No matter what type of flooring you choose, be sure to pick an option that will stand up to the moisture and humidity in your bathroom. And remember, doing a flooring install is a big job, so be sure to hire a professional if you’re not confident in your DIY skills.
5. Install New Cabinets
Are you looking at how to upgrade your bathroom on a budget while also getting rid of that cluttered feel?
Installing new cabinets is a great way to do both. You can find plenty of affordable options to help you achieve the look you’re going for. Here is a look at a few of the most popular types of cabinets and their advantages.
- Freestanding: They are a great option if you’re looking for an affordable way to update your bathroom. They’re easy to install, and you can find them in various styles and colors.
- Wall-mounted: Wall-mounted cabinets are a great choice if you’re looking for a sleek and modern look. They’re easy to install and help free up space in your bathroom.
- Floating: These are another great space-saving option for small bathrooms. They provide plenty of storage without taking up too much space. And they give your bathroom a clean and modern look.
- Corner: They are a great way to make the most of your space. They’re perfect for small bathrooms because they fit snugly into corners and leave plenty of open space in the middle of the room.
There are plenty of cabinet design ideas to choose from, so be sure to pick an option that fits your personal style and needs. And remember, you can always paint or stain your cabinets to give them a new look. If you’re looking for how to upgrade your bathroom on a budget, this is a great option that offers style and functionality.
6. Install a New Water Heater
If your water heater is more than a few years old, upgrading to a new one might be time. A new water heater will not only improve your bathroom experience but can also save you money on your energy bill.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing a new water heater.
- Size: The size of your water heater will depend on the number of people in your household and how much hot water you use. Be sure to choose a size that’s big enough to meet your needs but not so big that it’s wasteful.
- Fuel type: Water heaters come in three fuel types: electric, gas, and propane. Be sure to choose the right fuel type for your home. Electric models are the most efficient, but they’re also the most expensive. Gas models are less expensive, but they’re not as efficient. Propane models are the least expensive, but they’re also the least efficient.
- Energy efficiency: Energy-efficient water heaters can save you money on your energy bill. Be sure to choose an ENERGY STAR-certified model for the best results.
Nowadays, there are also tankless water heaters available. These models heat water on demand, so you don’t have to worry about running out of hot water. They’re also more energy-efficient than traditional tank water heaters.
When choosing a new water heater, keep your family’s needs in mind. And remember, a new water heater is a big investment, so be sure to do your research before purchasing.
7. Repair or Update Plumbing
When looking at how to upgrade your bathroom on a budget, don’t forget about your plumbing. Leaky pipes and clogged drains can be a nuisance and can also lead to costly repairs.
Be sure to check your pipes regularly for leaks and have them repaired as soon as possible. You should also get clogged drain repair services at least once a year to prevent major problems. Remember, updating your plumbing does not only improve your bathroom’s function but can also increase your home’s value.
All in all, plumbing services are an important part of maintaining your bathroom. Be sure to schedule regular appointments to keep your plumbing in top condition.
8. Don’t Forget Your Windows
Your bathroom’s windows are an important part of the room. Not only do they let in natural light, but they also play a role in ventilation. Be sure to keep your bathroom’s windows in top condition. Clean them regularly and replace them if they’re old or damaged. And don’t forget to add window treatments to help with privacy and light control.
Some local window treatment services offer free in-home consultations. Be sure to take advantage of this so you can find the perfect window treatments for your bathroom.
9. Update Lighting
Proper lighting is important in any room, but it’s especially important in the bathroom. Poor lighting can make it difficult to see when you’re getting ready in the morning or taking a shower at night. To counter this, you can always mix and match different types of lighting to create the perfect look for your bathroom.
- Task Lighting: This type of lighting is typically used in vanities and showers. It’s designed to help you see what you’re doing while you’re getting ready.
- Ambient Lighting: This type of lighting is designed to provide general illumination in the room. It can be combined with other lighting types to create the perfect look for your bathroom.
- Recessed Lighting: It’s a great way to add ambient lighting to your bathroom without taking up space on your walls or floors.
- Pendant Lighting: It’s designed to be hung from the ceiling. It’s a great way to add task lighting to your bathroom while also adding a bit of style.
- Chandeliers: This type of lighting is typically used as decorative accents in the room. They’re not typically used as primary light sources, but they can add a touch of luxury to your bathroom.
When it comes to choosing new light fixtures for your bathroom, be sure to keep energy efficiency in mind. LED lights are a great option because they use less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs. They also last longer, so you won’t have to replace them as often.
Be sure to talk to a lighting specialist before making any final decisions. They can help you choose the right fixtures and ensure they’re properly installed.
10. Install a Water Softener
If you live in an area with hard water and you’re looking for how to upgrade your bathroom on a budget, this is a great option for you to try. Hard water can make it difficult to keep your bathroom clean. Water stains can quickly build up on fixtures and tile, making them difficult to clean.
Installing a water softener can help reduce the build-up of water stains and make it easier to keep your bathroom clean. Water softeners work by removing minerals from the water that cause hard water stains.
There are many different types of water softeners on the market, so be sure to do your research before making a purchase. You should also talk to a professional to ensure you’re getting the right type of softener for your home’s needs.
11. Declutter Your Bathroom
When looking at how to upgrade your bathroom on a budget, it’s important to remember that less is more. A cluttered bathroom can feel small and cramped, even if it’s actually spacious. Take some time to declutter your bathroom and get rid of any items you don’t use or need. This includes old toiletries, towels, and anything else that’s taking up space without serving a purpose. If you have trouble getting rid of things, consider a dumpster rental. This will allow you to get rid of everything in one go and make it easier to keep your bathroom clean and clutter-free.
Are you looking at how to upgrade your bathroom on a budget? These 11 ideas are a great place to start. There are many ways to upgrade your bathroom without breaking the bank, from simple updates like new towel bars to more involved projects like installing a water softener. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your bathroom remodel today.